When do you choose a leash for your dog? the length of the leash is very important. Generally, there are three main specifications of a dog leash. The short ones are usually 3 feet or shorter, which are suitable for use in crowded cities; The standard leash is 6 feet long and is suitable for walking in quiet neighborhoods; the long leash is 15 feet or longer and is usually used for dog training. The length of the dog leash is mainly selected according to the needs, generally, 4 feet is more suitable, which can not only control the dog but also will not make the dog have a strong sense of restraint. Let’s find out what length of dog leash is appropriate.
What Are the Different long of Dog LEASH?
Dog leashes are used for dog walking. Generally speaking, the length of dog leashes can vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, but they generally come in three different sizes:
- Short dog leash
A leash of this length is usually four feet long, sometimes fewer. and is ideal for crowded cities, not only will it give you peace of mind that your dog is close to you and you have immediate control over it, but it will also make your pup feel safer.
- Standard dog leash
The standard dog leash is 4″~6″ feet long. It has a basic circular handle and buckle, which is convenient for control while giving the puppy some free space. It is more suitable for walking in quiet neighborhoods or when there are fewer people.
3. Long dog leash
The long leash is generally between 9 and 10 feet or longer and is mainly used for dog training. This leash is generally retractable, which can make the puppy free.
How many feet is the dog leash suitable?
The choice of the length of the dog leash is very important. If the leash is too long, the distance between the dog and the owner will be significantly increased. Pedestrians passing by may be tripped if they are not careful. When encountering other dogs, The rope is also likely to be entangled, so pay attention when choosing, so what is the appropriate length of the dog leash.
Generally, considering the control and comfort of the dog, a leash with a length of five-six feet is more suitable, which can keep the dog within the range that can be safely controlled by humans, and at the same time, the dog will not be very Strong sense of restraint.
Some businesses will provide leashes of different lengths according to the breed of the pet dog, such as Yorkshire Terrier, Chihuahua, and other tiny dogs with 4-feet leashes, Corgi, Golden Retriever, and other medium and large dogs with 9 and 10 feet leashes, etc, or you can choose a gold dog chain leashes. In fact, it is not necessary to choose the length of the leash according to the size of the dog, because the length of the leash is not affected by the size and weight of the pet dog. According to the weight of different dog breeds, the width and thickness of the webbing of the leash should be selected. The wider the leash, the greater the minimum breaking force.
Is it necessary to buy a retractable dog leash?
The dog leash is retractable and can control the length of the dog leash. Its advantages are that the length is controllable, the grip is good, and it can be matched with any type of collar. There are certain safety hazards. Whether you want to buy it depends on the actual needs. Generally, the retractable dog leash is mainly suitable for walking dogs or cycling dogs in open, safe, and with fewer people. In addition, temporarily limit the dog. A dog or a retractable leash as a temporary leash is also acceptable. Let’s take a look at the advantages and disadvantages of retractable dog leashes.
- a.Is it necessary to buy a retractable dog leash?
A dog leash, also known as a dog leash, is a common dog leash. It can be divided into two types: a retractable leash and a non-stretchable leash according to whether it has stretchability. Is the retractable dog leash good?
- b.The advantages of retractable dog leash
(1) The length can be controlled at will. Most of the telescopic traction ropes are 3 to 5 meters long, which can be adjusted in different scenarios.
(2) Good grip, several meters of rope are wrapped around the retractable tractor, and the well-designed handle is very comfortable to hold in the hand. It feels like it can hold your dog firmly, and the sense of security is immediately improved.
(3) It can be matched with any type of collar, the sturdy metal buckle can be buttoned up, and any collar can be matched. You can buy multiple collars for dogs to wear in different patterns.
This picture is provided by registered user “Jinghu Jiuzu”, copyright statement feedback
- Disadvantages of retractable dog leash
(1) The retractable traction rope has high requirements on the mechanical structure design, and the braking device requires precision. At present, there are not many brands with guaranteed quality to choose from, and the price is more expensive than the general traction rope.
(2) The control of the dog is reduced. The dog finds that as long as it pulls forward a few times, the rope will relax and let it go forward, so every time it finds a place it wants to smell, it will use force. pulling, thereby reducing control.
(3) Enter a crowded and noisy place and use a retractable dog leash. If the dog leash is extended, it may cause the dog leash to trip over others or the embarrassing situation of several dog leash entanglement.
In general, the retractable dog leash has advantages and disadvantages. When choosing, you can choose according to your actual needs. For example, if you often walk your dog in an open area, you can consider using a retractable dog leash.do you know: WHICH TYPE OF DOG LEASH WON’T HURT THE DOG
What scenarios are the retractable dog leash suitable for?
- When we are walking with the dog in an open, safe, and less crowded place, the retractable dog leash can be used to make the leash the longest, allowing the dog to move freely within a larger radius.
- When walking a dog on a bicycle, in order to allow the dog to run with the owner’s bicycle, it is very suitable to use a retractable leash at this time. In addition to adjusting the appropriate length to hang on the handlebar, you can also relax the lock of the rope Buckle, let the dog naturally control the distance between the body and the body, and easily bypass obstacles.
- To restrain the dog temporarily, use a retractable dog leash to bind the dog to any fixed object in a circle, which is very firm.
- In some unexpected situations, such as the collar is broken or broken, or there is a dog temporarily but there is no collar of the appropriate size, use a steel buckle to fasten the rope body, and immediately turn it into a fast gold dog collar, which can be used in an emergency.